Sunday, April 24, 2022

[waving]

 I might just be ready to come back to posting semi regularly.  Who knows.

What I do know is that in the so many years since starting this, so many things have changed, and also so many things have stayed the same. The children have gone from little kids to accomplished adults and I'm frankly proud they are still outside the norms, and that a few other "kids" have joined in. Husband and I have gone from what at least felt like young middle aged to kinda old if still kinda young. My politics have changed but not the reasoning behind them. I've found more compassion and less tolerance of bullshit (translate tRump and anything connected to that lying sack of feces).

But "homesteading" remains.  And in fact improves. It is Spring and the leaves are back (chartreuse and miniature) and today I'm liming my second bucket of eggs for this year, and making my first batch of feta in several years. Some kids are working on building some new rabbit hutches while another works on fixing on side of the fence. In the evening we'll all head to the garden and get some stuff there done.






We have meetings to make sure we are going in the same directions -- there's a lot to coordinate.

And I still think that this is one way to DO BETTER in the world. Grow some food. And eat it.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.  There's pickled eggs and ricotta too.

No comments: