Thursday, June 15, 2006

WereMeme

Scarfed from MadCapMum, this was fun. I know, meme's are soooo high school myspace lj xanga. I know, I know. But this reminds me so of my experiential human interaction training days.

If I were a month, I would be: October
If I were a day of the week, I would be: Saturday
If I were a time of day, I would be: now
If I were a sea animal, I would be: a migrating killer whale or one of the glow-y things in the way down deep or maybe a giant clam
If I were a direction, I would be: NW
If I were a sin, I would be: Lust
If I were a virtue, I would be: Truth. Oh wait, that's not on the list of virtues. And why not?
If I were a historical figure I would be: Tecumpseh
If I were a planet, I would be: Pan Horus
If I were a liquid, I would be: milk
If I were a stone, I would be: coal
If I were a tree, I would be: white oak
If I were a bird, I would be: wild turkey
If I were a flower/plant, I would be: pennyroyal
If I were a kind of weather, I'd be: a thunderstorm
If I were a mythical creature, I'd be: Pegasus
If I were a musical instrument, I would be: an old beat up guitar
If I were an animal, I would be: a mustang
If I were an emotion, I would be: true love
If I were a vegetable, I would be: a beet or an onion or a potato
If I were a sound, I would be: water tumbling over rocks, laughing
If I were an element, I would be: earth
If I were a song, I would be: sung
If I were a movie, I would be: Don Juan DeMarco
If I were a book, I'd be: Jitterbug Perfume
If I were a fictional character, I'd be: Amanda from Another Roadside Attraction, only older now
If I were a food, I would be: spicey and filling
If I were a place, I would be: here
If I were a taste, I would be: pungent
If I were a scent, I would be: horse manure
If I were a religion, I would be: a heathen
If I were a word, I would be: damn
If I were a body part, I would be: a strong back
If I were a facial expression, I would be: a grin
If I were a subject in school, I would be: a drop out
If I were a cartoon character, I'd be: Eeyore
If I were a shape, I would be: a ball
If I were a number, I would be: one
If I were a piece of jewelery, I would be: a simple ring, of silver, with secrets
If I were a piece of furniture, I would be: a chifforobe
If I were a car, I would be: a muscle car, old, not restored, but still running good and lovingly waxed (another form of mustang?)
If I were an item of clothing, I'd be: Levis

5 comments:

SecondComingOfBast said...

Pan Horus? Have I missed the discovery of a new planet?

Madcap said...

...experiential human interaction training

Huh?

You have me stumped with the planet, too.

CG said...

Pan Horus is the real ruling planet of Taurus. It may or may not have been "discovered" yet.

"Experiential" is learning through experiencing, not classroom, not theorhetical. "Human interaction" is, well, interaction between humans. It focuses a lot on that learning=change (and that if you haven't changed your behavior, you haven't actually learned anything) and to know from feedback how our behavior affects others and experimenting with new behaviors (and learning what their effect is) and conflict resolution and leadership training and team building (group dynamics) and all sorts of airy fairy stuff like that. Group leaders are usually called "facilitators". I'm actually certified.

And it isn't without its usefulness. At least, I got a lot out of it, none of it related to the work I was doing that paid for that training. Esalen Institute is pretty famous for it.

Madcap said...

Right after you left your comments yesterday, I got an e-mail with "Experiential Education!" in the subject line. I was totally confused. I thought maybe you'd passed my e-mail address on to somebody, but why then was it coming out of Alberta? I've never had e-mails from this company before. Strange coincidence. I'm assuming I got it because of my involvement with the city homeschooling network, but I can't say for sure on that, either.

CG said...

Isn't that funny? I promise you, I did not send your e-mail to anyone! I did do a search on some of my old "trainers" though, and found one. I wrote him but who knows if he'll write back. He's with community development now.