Sunday, June 19, 2005

Garden Photo Essay

Posted by Hello

An overview of the circle garden. And yes, it really does tilt that much. Everything here tilts at least that much.
Posted by Hello

These are the little fastball cabbages that a previous photo saw being transplanted.
Posted by Hello

Onions grown from seed, and I swear they grow visibly bigger every day.
Posted by Hello

The pea jail, same view as here but looks a lot different in 2 1/2 months.
Posted by Hello

And my favorite photo for now, an echinacea purpurea or purple coneflower. If you can pick out the various shapes of green in the background, you can see a patch of beans, the white corn patch, and cherry and pear trees.

6 comments:

Joe Tornatore said...

splendid photos. You included everyhting but your green thumb.

Lost said...

Wow - everything is so green and growing so well. It certainly looks like heaven out there.

justrose said...

the cabbages are so cute. and i love the echinacea. what a great flower that is, so useful.

the Contrary Goddess said...

It isn't *my* green thumb, it is husband's. I'd never do all that green stuff myself -- I tend toward the animals of the farm and am hired labor for destructive tasks like mowing. Although I'll take some things under my wing, like the wasabi's, the strawberries, things that seem to be finite because husband's garden seems infinite to me and I get lost in there.

And this time of year is so green that sometimes I think I'm drowning in it. And yet I always dread the solstice because that means it'll all be going away. Silly me.

And for it to be the longest day, I am as the night. Diminished. The things that are never blogged.

And the echinacea is wonderful and beautiful and yet its beauty does not depend upon an audience. I'm trying to learn that -- or life is conspiring to teach me that, or something.

dragonfly183 said...

I know all about those sloping gardens myself :). I also grow echinacea. i have some white swan that i will get seeds from this year. I will; send you some this fall if you like.

the Contrary Goddess said...

That would be great df. You'll have to say what you'd want in exchange. I'll hopefully be getting a variety of beans together at the end of the year to send to Kimbo & I could send some to you too (so long as, you know, I don't totally lose my mind in the meantime).