Sunday, October 24, 2004

Today

Posted by Hello "A million tomorrows shall all pass away
Ere I forget all the joy that is mine, Today"


Those are lines from a song, not by John Denver but sung by him, that I first heard sometime in the 1970s when he was just one of the most soulful sounds around. And I don't apologize for that sentiment.

This photo is of our equines, today, at the back of the back pasture, looking west, with the creek just below the bluff (old "Ebenezer" the rock holds up that particular area). We probably should cut that leaning tree as it shades some area that could grow more grass but the big guy likes to scratch his back on it, and when the kids go down there, they scramble up it for a different perspective, and a little patch of grass just doesn't seem as important.

more of the song:
"I can't be contented with yesterday's glory
I can't live on promises winter to spring
Today is my moment, now is my story
I'll laugh and I'll cry and I'll sing"

No comments: