Saturday, August 28, 2004

Regarding the name

Of course, any chosen name is just that -- chosen and therefore revelatory. Why "Contrary Goddess"? Well, I started to go with Domestic Goddess since that is how my husband often refers to me but that was taken on blogspot and besides, it sounds a bit too Martha Stewart don't you think? I can't imagine having a party where all the food is wrapped like packages (something I remember seeing Martha do on TV about a decade ago) -- I mean, it is a kind of cute idea but I'd never have the patience. A theme potluck is more my style.

I take "contrary" because I go in a different direction, perhaps yes even opposed to our consumer society. I do not take "contrary" as in hard to get along with unless you are one of those people who just can't handle people with differing opinions. I also take "contrary" as a nod to Gene Logsdon, the Contrary Farmer.

The Goddess part? Well, that’s just who I am. Seriously. Sarcastically. Soberly. Sardonically. Surely. Satirically. Subtly. Slyly. Shrewdly. Sinuously. Oh, but oh so really.

1 comment:

Joe Tornatore said...

Was the name Goddess of the Lonesome Pine taken on Blogger too?